CHRISTIAN COUNCIL OF GHANAOur owners
The Christian Council of Ghana (CCG) was founded on 30th October 1929 by five churches. The purpose of its creation was the search for unity and to work with members on issues of social concern and be the voice of the voiceless in society. Currently the CCG comprises fifteen member churches and two Christian Organizations. The CCG has over the years gone through a series of restructuring and renewal processes in a bid to develop a relevant, efficient and effective organization that is pro-active and responsive to challenges facing the member churches. In the search for relevance and common witness, the determining factors have been global and national macro socio - economic and political trends such as political governance ranging from military rule to multi-party democracy. CCML is wholly owned by the Christian Council of Ghana (CCG).
ECLOF INTERNATIONALOur founding partner
ECLOF International was founded in 1946 in Geneva, Switzerland. Their first mission was to offer financial support to churches throughout Europe, especially after the Second World War. The first loans were used by churches to rebuild, renovate, or expand their premises, as well as to establish schooling and health facilities. Throughout the 1970s, ECLOF developed a strong expertise in microfinance services and increasingly reached out to many countries, including Ghana. In parallel with the pursuit of their historic activity, ECLOF offered an increasing number of microloans to impoverished and vulnerable individuals and communities. Today, ECLOF has become the microfinance arm of the ecumenical family and reaches out to rural areas that traditionally have not benefited from microfinance as it has developed over the past several decades. Their aim is to reach out tomorrow to even more isolated rural areas and poorer populations. CCML owes its existence to the partnership between ECLOF International and CCG in 1979 which led to the establishment of ECLOF Ghana now CCML.